The Sacramento Comedy Foundation is pretty darn good at producing comedy shows and events. We have decided to partner with other local, charitable organizations to help them achieve their goals. We want to help make a difference in Sacramento by supporting amazing charities.
How it works:
The Foundation books and produces a comedy show at the Comedy Spot on a Sunday at 6:00PM. The partnering charity retains the net income from ticket sales. The partnering nonprofit promotes the show and encourages their community to buy tickets. The Sacramento Comedy Foundation, in conjunction with the Comedy Spot, promotes the show using all available resources, including the Foundation and Comedy Spot websites, weekly newsletter, and social media.
Production Expenses and Fundraising Procedures
The Sacramento Comedy Foundation will produce and create a unique comedy show that reflects the values of the partnering charity. The Foundation will provide these services for only $300, payable by the partnering charity. The $300 production fee is paid via tickets sales with zero upfront costs to the charity. The net income from ticket sales, after the production fee is paid, will be paid to the partnering charity. If ticket sales do not cover the full cost of the production fee, the partnering nonprofit must pay the balance.
The production fee will pay for talent booked for the show and operational expenses of the Comedy Spot. Tickets prices for these shows are $15-$20. The Comedy Spot has a 90-seat house.
Who is Eligible?
To ensure each organization is successful and earns their full potential, the Foundation will pre-qualify each charity to make sure the following criteria is met:
- The organization is a nonprofit or is raising money to file and obtain nonprofit status
- The organization conducts business in and around Sacramento and has a significant impact on our community
- The organization has enough of a fan base, mailing list, social media presence, etc. to reach a large audience and ensure the greatest amount of success
Benefits to Comedians, and Local Charities
- Comedians are paid and have an opportunity to increase their fan base
- Local charities are able to raise funds in a creative way without having to spend resources on production or planning
Are you associated with a local charity and would like to plan a unique fundraising event? Please complete the form below and we will contact you soon. You may also email email@example.com or call (916) 444-3137 and leave a voicemail with your contact information.