The Sacramento Comedy Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation (47-3441374) that operates the Sacramento Comedy Spot, Improv Marathon, Stand-Up Competition, Comedy Festival, and Northern California’s largest comedy school.
Our mission is to make Sacramento laugh. Every day.
Our goals are to attract people to Sacramento and to bring happiness to everyone, from kids to adults, through comedy education, shows, and special events.
All events are held at Sacramento Comedy Spot, unless otherwise noted.
- Sacramento Improv Marathon | March 31 – April 2, 2017 | The Sacramento Improv Marathon is an annual event at Sacramento Comedy Spot featuring three days of the best Comedy Spot improv shows, guest performances, and guest workshop instructors.
- Sacramento Stand-Up Competition | June 23-25, 2017 | This three-day event features comedians from all over the country. But this is way more than JUST a competition; it’s an opportunity for comedians to network with each other and meet industry professionals. It is also an opportunity for comedians to perform in other show formats that feature stand-up comedians.
- Sacramento Comedy Festival | October 6-8, 2017 | This event features improv groups, stand-up comedians, and sketch comedy groups from all over the country. It’s also an opportunity for comedians to network with each other and perform in one of the best comedy cities in the United States.
- Webathon | February 10, 2017 | The Sacramento Comedy Foundation Webathon is an annual fundraiser featuring talented people from Sacramento and beyond. The Webathon features comedians, musicians, singers, and all varieties of talented people and is hosted by Foundation President and comedian Brian Crall. Brian also invites local business owners and celebrities to co-host throughout the event. Brian also endures a variety of challenges during the Webathon.
- 24 Hours of Karaoke | TBA | Think of it like a jog-a-thon, but instead of sweating, you get to experience amazing and not-so-amazing singing. Participants will pledge money to sing one or more songs during the 24 hours. 24 Hours of Karaoke is hosted by comedian and foundation president, Brian Crall.